Post workout supplements / nutrition plays a number of critical anabolic (muscle tissue building) functions, chief among them the maximization of glycogen storage and protein synthesis, while simultaneously minimizing protein breakdown and the excessive release of catabolic (tissue destroying) hormones.
Have you heard of the, “the anabolic window,” and eating for anabolism? Whatever name you give it, the premise remains: post workout supplements are crucial for reaching your fitness and physique goals.
Incomplete or insufficient PWO nutrition is like your training never took place. That’s how important your Post Work Out supplement is!
What is the Best Post Workout Supplement?
So now for the big question, “what is the best post workout nutrition/supplement”?
High quality, fast-acting carbohydrates and Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) have been shown time and again to induce the most optimal conditions for growth in clinical studies – and that is precisely what The Muscle House has attempted to emulate with TMH POST WORKOUT!
TMH PWO takes the guesswork out of post workout recovery, containing the fast-acting carbs (Maltodextrin and Cluster Dextrin®), along with other anabolic agents (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), needed to maximize muscle recovery after weight training.
These ingredients quickly replenish muscle glycogen and shuttle much needed amino acids to muscle cells. Whether you are bulking up or slimming down, all these ingredients are crucial for proper recovery for the ultimate goal of MUSCLE GROWTH!
Remember when your INTENSE training is complete, immediately your muscles are screaming to be feed for repair for growth with fast acting anabolic nutrients for maximum recovery and growth, This is your Anabolic Window!
Don’t waste your hard work out with not ending it with proper nutrition and TMH POST WORK has everything you need for the correct muscle recovery.
PWO Ingredient Breakdown
- Calcium is necessary for strong bones. Your body also needs calcium for your heart and nerves, as well as for clotting blood. Unfortunately, you lose this important mineral through sweat, skin, and waste … and your body can't produce more.
- Chromium Picolinate provides proper functioning of insulin, which is very important for muscle gain. Chromium is also present in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates, which has positive effect on energy production. Consequently, your body can effectively use this energy during training and exercising.
- Potassium plays a role in the storage of carbohydrates to fuel your muscles. In addition, the frequency and degree to which your muscles contract depends heavily on having the right amount of potassium in the body.
- Maltodextrin is suitable for each workout as an energy source, that optimally supplements glycogen. Maltodextrin is an oligosaccharide that is in the world of nutritional supplements known as a preferred energy source for athletes and physically active people, but also as a food ingredient. MALTODEXTRIN functions at such a higher capacity because of molecular structure, given that it is otherwise known as pure glucose – your body’s preferred energy substrate and the necessary component for the synthesis and resynthesize of glycogen. Bypassing the lengthy and metabolically costly process of digestion and breakdown, Maltodextrin can be absorbed directly through the gut into the bloodstream and can cause a response faster than any other carb. Additionally, since Maltodextrin is already in the form the body requires, it can be used immediately for glycogen replenishment.
- Cluster Dextrin, sometimes known as Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD), is a new advanced breed of maltodextrin. In basic terms, Cluster Dextrin passes through your stomach faster than other carbohydrate supplements, making it more readily available for your body to burn as energy. Cluster Dextrin®, the last of PWO’s carb sources, is derived from corn. It’s similar in terms of its low osmolality leading to expedient stomach clearing and low bloating. Research conducted on top swimmers, swimming in a flowing water pool, confirmed that Cluster Dextrin’s fast gastric emptying contributed to increased endurance (longer swim times). Swimmers provided a sports drink containing Cluster Dextrin had approximately 50% longer swim time than swimmers provided a mixture of water and glucose only.